Join us on Mondays beginning 01/22/18 from 11:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. for an 8-week support group open to any patient with a history or current pattern of using substances (alcohol, drugs, and/or cigarettes), and who is interested in changing their relationship with those substances and living a meaningful life! This group visit is a combination of peer support, motivational interviewing, relapse prevention, harm reduction, yoga, and meditation. The program is a 8-week closed and confidential group at PCC Austin Family Health Center. The group offers 45 minutes of group therapy and a 45-minute yoga class facilitated by a YogaCare Instructor.
- Share stories with peers about coping with cravings, lack of sleep, pain, and stress
- Explore and learn basic skills of guided meditation and gentle yoga
- Lean how to use tools of yoga like breath and awareness to tune into your inner power
- Set positive affirmations for the week to support recovery
- Enjoy healthy snacks and tea at the end of each session
- Bus card, Aldi gift card, and a yoga kit for home practice (mat, blocks, and eye pillow) will be provided.
- You will be asked to attend all 8 sessions when you sign up
To sign up, contact Kelli Bosak at 773-378-3347 Ext. 4272